Skip to main content

General FAQs

Q: What do I need to do when I sell my house?

A: When you sell your house, notify the GAWSA office at 541-679-6451 that your house has sold.  Provide us with the closing date of your property, along with your final mailing address.  If you do not notify us that you have moved out, the account will remain in your name, and you will be responsible for the accrued balance.

Other helpful information when buying a house:

If you are purchasing a foreclosed house, make sure to check for any outstanding property liens.  When homes are foreclosed, very often there are liens from utility services associated with the property.  If you purchase a house at auction, these liens often do not get paid when ownership is transferred, and the new owner is on the hook for paying the outstanding utilities and reconnect fees.

Join our mailing list